Sunday, May 01, 2005

I got the hankering...

Tonight I went to a professional soccer game at Quest field. It was the Seattle Sounders vs. the Portland Timbers. I was given a bunch of free tickets and so my wife and I and another 9 friends went together. It was a perfect night, a great group of friends, and a very cool stadium. The one downfall of the night was that the Sounders lost 2-1. I still had a blast and my nephew Matthew (who is 5) came along. It was his first professional game. He totally loved it. This could be a great tradition for him and his Uncle Rich to do together.

Watching the game brought back all kinds of memories. Seeing a couple players that I had played with. Seeing Brian Schmetzer and Bobby Howe coaching. And most of all just watching the game. I wanted to be out on the field playing! I miss it! Overall it was a great night. Now all I have to do is find a team to play for! Got any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your comment made me think back to all the soccer games Dad and I went to when you were on a team. It was great watching you and "the boys" grow into young men. Do you know that once you stopped playing on a team, Dad and I lost contact with all the parents we grew to know and enjoy. The game brought people from many different areas together. Those were fun days. Did I ever tell you that I wondered how your faith influenced your team relationships. How it held you up during those games that demanded so much from you. How He kept you gentle and close to Him during those days when you were a star player and could easily have been caught up on "worldly" things.
Oh yes, it's me Mom.