Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I'm left wanting...

So do you ever have those times when you think life will be better if you have certian things? Like life is good, but it could get even better if... Well, I am not saying that I am not content, but there are a number of things that I have been dreaming of. As a result, I have been left wanting, and singing the chorus to 40 by U2 "How Long?"

So here are some of the things I have been dreaming of in no particular order...

  1. 60g ipod photo (that looks like the special edition U2 ipod - even though they don't make such a thing)
  2. a digital camera
  3. The new Coldplay album X and Y
  4. My Dad coming to know the Lord Jesus Christ
  5. The new Bruse Springsteen album Devils and Dust
  6. My youth ministry to have a true hearts desire for outreach
  7. Loosing 15 pounds
  8. Being able to do the type of work that I love doing and being able to make enough to support my family
  9. My new deck on my house to mysteriously appear
  10. Having more time/discipline to read all the wonderful books that are my shelves
  11. Being able to see my friends more often
  12. And while we are on the whole dreaming thing...I would love a Red Land Rover Discovery II SE that gets really good gas mileage that I could simply get by a straight trade for my 87 Subaru GL (yeah right!!!!!!!!)

Hey I can always dream!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm left wanting..."
That reminded me of the full quote from Daniel 5:27..."Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting." KJV
NAS says it this way..."you have been weighed on the scales and found deficient.
Amplified..."You are weighed in the balances and are found wanting."
Anyway just another reminder to me that the Bible finds it's way into so much of life. The movie "A Knights Tale" uses this very quote in its script. When I heard it I went searching the concordance to see where the quote was in the Bible. So my comment to your original post is unrelated but yet related.
Cheers,
Ellen B.