Wednesday, May 11, 2005

What a night...

So after a great day at work I came home and picked up my wife. We headed down into Seattle to Kells Irish Pub for the The Mountains Dave Matthews Band CD release party. We enjoyed the beautiful sky line of Seattle and listened to the entire album. After that we headed to Dicks on Capital Hill for some burgers, fries, and shakes! Then we headed to Neumo's a new music venue on Capital Hill for the Better Than Ezra concert. This concert came to us as a most wonderful gift from our friends the Hansons.

THANKS ROD AND KATHY FOR THE WONDERFUL GIFT!!

Both Jen and I love the band but had never seen them in concert before. This place was small and intimate, the sound was quality, and the band ROCKED [and so did Michael Hanson who got to sing on the mic]! We fell deeper in love with the band after the night was done! Our good friend Erin Hanson [who had introduced us to BTE] is a huge fan and now I understand why. She got seranaded to by the lead singer while she was rockin' out in the front row. She and her friend Sarah are heading down to Portland for another concert of theirs tomorrow night!

Again, can you say jelousy?

Now that we are home, smelling like smoke and spilled beer, it is time for bed and at the same time almost time to get up for tomorrow [which is today]. I wish we did nights like this more often. And will post again later about a topic Jen and I had about Christians going to bars and what it means to be missional. Until then go get Dave's new cd and wait a couple of weeks and get the new BTE. You won't be disappointed!

peace out

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich,
You guys rock. I'm so glad you were able to witness my sweet serenade. After you left I told Tom (the bassist) that I'd brought people who LIKED them to the show and now they LOVED them too. :)

Let's all go again when they come this summer! Yee-haw! I'll be sure to tell you all about Portland.

e

Anonymous said...

how fun!! and erin getting a serenade by a rock star...can't say i'm surprised. she's so cute.

Rich Sclafani said...

No Erin YOU ROCK! I think that this summer is a definite DATE!

Anonymous said...

D-A-V-I-D!

Rich Sclafani said...

Could it be? THE JAMES BROWN?