Saturday, April 30, 2005

Last night...

On Friday my internship site had its annual fundraising program called "The Big Event." It was set up kind of like Oprah with a host showing different clips of the different guests and then inviting them up to talk to them live. The host was the president of my graduate school, an incredible author/counselor Dr. Dan Allender. What was really incredible was that I got the opportunity to get on stage - just me and Dan to help set the tone for the evening. We were talking, cracking jokes, sharing stories, etc. in front of a ton of people. I felt so honored to have this opportunity to represent both Eastside Academy and Mars Hill Graduate School. But even more so was the incredible priviledge it was to share the stage with with Dr. Dan Allender. This is a man that I have learned so much from, and a man that has modeled many things that I now long to live out. He is a friend and one that I have the utmost respect for. And I got to share the spotlight with him and help others to laugh. This truly was a memorable moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how come I wasn't invited?
For all you folks out there
Dan Allender has a new book out:
TO BE TOLD.
It's not just another book. Like Rich said the man is a teacher.
Why not get the church to buy a copy? It could be great for a summer reading group. [Dawn if you haven't had a chance to read it give it a chance. I recommend it. ]