Friday, April 22, 2005

Here is a quote...

I have been going through this book called "Renovation of the Heart Student Edition" by Dallas Willard in my youth ministry. It is not bad so far. In the book it used a quote from the Matrix where Morpheous is talking to Neo. It goes like this...

"Neo, sooner or later you are going to realize just like I did that there is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

This quote made for some good discussion at The Mix! but was even more engaging when I shared it in one of my counseling groups with students at Eastside Academy. They loved it, because they are struggling with addictions to drugs and/or alcohol, and for some reason the movie and the leading up to this quote seemed to have an impact.

This quote addresses the issues of knowing truth and truly experiencing truth. I believe Jesus, put it like this... "Then you will experience for yourself the truth. And the truth will set you free." John 8:32 The Message

No comments: