Sunday, February 10, 2008

Great people + Dinner out + U23D = AWESOME!



Last night Jen and I got to go out with a bunch of couples from CC to eat out and see U23D. I love the band, but have never seen them live - I know it is crazy! But man, I got to tell you that seeing this was amazing. It was art, it was story, it was music, it was energy, it was passion. One minute you are in the crowd the next you are within inches of Bono. And you get so close to everyone. I couple of times I actually moved cause it felt like I was going to get hit in the head by Adam Clayton's bass! One time I thought Bono was going to touch my face. And one time I was reaching for the glass of iced tea the drummer had sitting next to him. The screen at the IMAX is six stories tall and 80 feet wide and pumps out some 12,000 watts of stereo sounds that just rocks the house! Anyways, if you like U2 it is a must! And honestly, even if you aren't the biggest fan I think the experience is pretty cool all on its own. It looks like the Rolling Stones are coming out with one too. But in my opinion there isn't one member of the Rolling Stones that I have any desire to see up close!

No comments: