Saturday, August 13, 2005

What is your model of church?

Ok so now that I am back I have had some time to catch up on some email and blogging. I was sent this quiz kind of like the theo-quiz I had posted earlier called "What's your theological worldview?" This one is for your model of church. And for someone like me who has worked in the church for about 12 years and has pondered the idea of planting a church I found this interesting. If you want to take the quiz yourself click here. QUIZ

Here are my results...

You scored as Sacrament model.

Your model of the church is Sacrament. The church is the effective sign of the revelation that is the person of Jesus Christ. Christians are transformed by Christ and then become a beacon of Christ wherever they go. This model has a remarkable capacity for integrating other models of the church.

Sacrament model 83%
Servant Model 72%
Herald Model 67%
Mystical Communion Model 67%
Institutional Model 33%

I have no idea what the "Herald Model" is but when I find out I will tell. If any of you know what it is let me know! I bet it is a lot like the DAAAVVVVVIIIIDDDDD model of church! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay so basically I tied with three kinds of church models, Herald included, description of which is below. The first time I took it I scored 1% higher on the "Mystical Communion" than all the others which sounds sketchy but the description is pretty good. Anyway! I guess I could be comfortable in a variety of churches! :)

You scored as Sacrament model.
Your model of the church is Sacrament. The church is the effective sign of the revelation that is the person of Jesus Christ. Christians are transformed by Christ and then become a beacon of Christ wherever they go. This model has a remarkable capacity for integrating other models of the church.

Mystical Communion Model 78%
Sacrament model 78%
Herald Model 78%
Servant Model 33%
Institutional Model 11%

You scored as Mystical Communion Model.
Your model of the church is Mystical Communion, which includes both People of God and Body of Christ. The church is essentially people in union with Christ and the Father through the Holy Spirit. Both lay people and clergy are drawn together in a family of faith. This model can exalt the church beyond what is appropriate, but can be supplemented with other models.

Your model of the church is Herald. The organization of the church is much less important than the urgency of announcing the Good News of salvation to all the world. The Holy Spirit moves the individual to belief in Jesus Christ and to do the will of the Father by sharing this message with others. As with other models, the narrowness of this model could be supplemented by drawing on other models.