Monday, August 01, 2005

Pisa, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, & Chianti...

Bonjourno & Ciao from Italy!

Oh my we love this country! So from Barcelona we left very early to Pisa alla airplane. We made it and saw the famous Leaning Tower. From there we headed by train to what very well could be the most beautiful place on earth. THE CINQUE TERRE! We stayed in a place called Vernazza. It is right on the Mediteranean Sea. Very small and completely gorgeous! We hiked we relaxed, we people watched, we saw the sights and learned the history. And of course we ate some of the best food of our lives! We even got treated to live music and incredible tango dancing!

From there we went to Florence by train and stayed with Marcella who is awesome - like Bertha Sclafani only she doesn't speak English. We saw DAAAAAVVVVIIIIDDD!!! And lots of other special paintings and sculptures by DaVinci, Michelanglo, and all the other big names!

Then from there we bused to Siena which has been more relaxed and beautiful. Our place has an incredible terrace that looks over the whole city. And our host plays the accordian to us! Today we took a trip to Chianti and sipped wine and saw Tuscany! It is so beautiful!

I am just about out of time on this email card! So gotta go!

Off to Venice tomorrow!

Love you all and will email again soon!

Ciao and Bouna Sera from Italy!

4 comments:

Bridget Beth said...

fabulous fabulous fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

I REALLY MISS YOU GUYS TOO!!! :) I love reading about all your adventures and I can't wait until you come home and you can tell me every fabulous detail and relive it all and show me pictures. Thank God for the blog or my Sclafani withdrawals would have reached life-threatening levels! I love you. :)

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh Rich....what will it be like to come back to ordinary Seattle? (ha,ha)

It all sounds wonderfuly! I'm so happy for you and Jen!

Peace brother,

Gary Madsen

Rich Sclafani said...

I even have some video clips to share with all of you. Im learning how to use this new camera of ours it is pretty great! Thanks for checking up on us!

Lovage,

Rich