Monday, August 22, 2005

The DMB in the place to be!


The Red Sled, The Brown Bomb, and the Italian Stallion


The DMB from afar...


Dave up close and personal...


Me and my beautiful wife Jen...


The Gorge before the show and the sunset...


The Gorge at sunset...
---------------------------------------------------------

So after a great Sunday at church Jen and I were off on an other adventure this time to the Gorge in George Washington. This is about a 2 and 1/2 hour drive on 3+ if you are driving in my sweet old red sled [87 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon]. It was a gorgeous day and as we made our way the temperature continued to grow. Eastern Washington is HOT! We arrived at about 5pm set up our tent - which is Jen's parents old tent from like 1910. It is little, brown, beige, and has the old camping/campfire smell - but hey it works! After setting up, we packed our bags and made the walk to the amphitheatre. It takes about 30 minutes with all the crowds, security, and ticket checks, but once you get there you just set down your blanket, stake your spot, and get comfortable. Jen made pesto pasta with grilled veggies and chicken that was smashing. And we splurged and bought an enormous lemonade slurpy for dessert and to keep cool! Around 7pm the North Mississippi Allstars took the stage. They weren't my favorite, but were pretty cool, kind of a mix of styles from rock to funk and a little southern groove too! It was a great warm up to start the night! But we came to here Dave and Dave showed up! This is my 3rd time seeing the Dave Matthews Band and the second time at the Gorge and I must say it again. They know how to JAM!

Here is how the show went down...

Sunday - Aug 21 2005 Gorge Amphitheatre

Pantala Naga Pampa
Rapunzel
Dream Girl
Hello Again
Lover Lay Down
Bartender
Louisiana Bayou
Grey Street
Out Of My Hands
Say Goodbye
Drive In Drive Out
Hunger For The Great Light
Dancing Nancies
Warehouse
Blackbird
Dreaming Tree [tease]
All Along The Watchtower
__________________

#40[Tease]
Crush
What You Are

Some of my favorites of the night were Drive in Drive out, Dream Girl, Hunger for the Great Light, Blackbird, and All Along the Watchtower. It was so beautiful out there. And the crowd was great minus the about 20,000,000 bowls of pot we second hand smoked or maybe that is why everything was so good : )

I BIG THANKS TO KMTT THE MOUNTAIN!!! For hooking us up with these tickets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait any longer. I must see you guys. PLEASE.

The concert looks amazing! So many people I know were there that night. I, alas, was not. :)