Thursday, July 10, 2008

worship thoughts..

today as i'm preparing for leading worship this week i got this email from one of my best friends who is an incredible worship leader and he shared about an experiment he did at his church last week that i thought was interesting.

i comes from 1.peter2v9

[the message]
But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God's instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.


[niv]
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.


here is the portion of the email he sent...
Last Sunday we did an “All request hour”, where the congregation shouted out 7 songs for us to lead and then we just went for it after a few minutes of organizing. I used it to serve as a reminder that we are all meant to be priests (I Peter 2:9) – worship leaders before God; and that a worship service isn’t a time for the congregation to be serviced, but a time to offer a service of worship together to God! People got right into it and owned the priesthood.


so this week as i am preparing for leading worship the idea that will be in dialog will be that of power - satan's, man's, and of course God's. i'd love it if you had any song ideas/requests, scriptures, pictures, etc. that you thought might help in the planning of this set. and i'd also love your thoughts on 1peter2v9 and my friends sunday service experiment.

grace and peace

r

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can I comment on three posts in a row?

I'm bummed that I'll be in the nursery next week. I'd love to be in the service and try out the royal priesthood with you :) If I were there, I'd request you play "Holy, holy, holy," and I would sing my heart out.