Saturday, September 09, 2006

Installation...

Well it is almost here. Tomorrow morning I will be officially installed as one of the new pastors at Calvary Chapel Seattle. What exactly is the "installation process" you might ask? Well it is much like vows and/or promises that occur in a wedding only with regards to ministry and calling. In a sense it is me declaring and confirming my call to love, serve, and pastor those who would call Calvary there home - specifically in the areas of youth/young adults and counseling/congregational care. Basically tomorrow Jen, Glady, and I get to go to our new church together and then starting this next week it's go time! Please continue to pray for us as we step into this new community!

Here are the promises/vows I will be responding to tomorrow at Calvary...

Installation Promises & Vows...

+ I affirm that God has prepared me for and called me to be pastor of Calvary Chapel.

+ I promise to pray for the church and to seek God’s wisdom in leading this congregation.

+ I promise to teach and to do the Word of God, being faithful to the truth in the Scriptures.

+ I promise to uphold God’s concern for the lost and the impoverished.

+ I commit myself to work with and to serve the appointed leadership of this church, and to faithfully shepherd the members of this congregation.

+ I vow to be open to the leading of God’s Spirit and to foster an environment in which the Spirit is free to work.


Have a great Sunday everyone! I love you all!

Oh, and stay tuned for some more "Glady Pic's!"

No comments: