Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap...

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. I know mine was wonderful! I have so much to be thankful for. I am blessed to have an incredible wife and one amazing little girl, and roof over my head, a job that I love, a community that is welcoming, health, the list goes on and on. What a blessing!

For thanksgiving the Sclafani Family including my mom and dad headed over to the Gasper's House [which is Jen's sisters family: Kristin, Kevin, Matthew, Grace, and Charlotte and also included Kevin's parents Ken and Karen]. We had an incredible time of fun, laughter, fellowship, amazing food, music played by Matthew on the piano, games made by Matthew, watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving just to name some of the good times.

The next day Jen and the Gasper's went downtown to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and welcomed Santa Clause to town [I had a couple of clients to meet with]. This was Glady's first parade and first Starbucks Hot Chocolate - she loved them both! They also got free Top Pot Donuts which is pretty cool too.

On Saturday, we hung out at the house, I enjoyed some amazingly beautiful blue sky while sitting on my favorite leather seat with my little girl as we soaked up the sun. Then we got the house ready for some guests and enjoyed an evening with the Leffel's [sorry I forgot to take pictures]. We enjoyed great conversations, kids playing together, stories of Jer's trip to China, and some good home cooked Italian food! This was a great night!

And then there was Sunday again with a gorgeous day. We hung out again, and then went for a walk with Glady. This time though, Glady wanted to bring her baby and stroller along. I was thinking I was going to end up carrying this all around, but she went almost three blocks totally pushing this stroller around, checking up on her cabbage patch kid, giving it a bottle, and just having a blast! Man was it cute! After that we came home for some more hot chocolate, then my parents came over for some Glady time and Jen and I worked out in the yard. When my parents left, Glady took her nap, Jen and I got ready for Church and soon were off to CC. It was a great end to a wonderful weekend!

I put some pictures for you all to see. I was reminded of many things that I am thankful for and one of those was all of you who faithfully check out this blog. Your friendship means a great deal to me! May you continue to experience all of life's blessings as we step further into the holiday season!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a truly wonderful weekend! Thanks for sharing pics of it. That sweetpea of yours is SO DARN CUTE!!! I know I've said it before but it just needs restating every time I see her. Love the one with the stroller. Wish I could kiss those cheeks! (her cheeks. c'mon Rich.)

Rich Sclafani said...

Thanks Nadeen! You are wonderful. Thanks for not just reading the blog, but commenting. It helps me know that someone actually cares! You girls are totally gorgeous as well sometime we will have to have all the kids get together to party!

e said...

Staff '96 Reunion anyone?

Anonymous said...

Count me in for the reunion! Who's planning it? :-)

e said...

Deena and I have been talking about planning it for quite some time...do you think you guys would really come?! That's some major motivation right there...

e said...
This comment has been removed by the author.