Monday, June 11, 2007

Me, Me, Me, Me, Me

The following to clips "me.church & me.worship" crack me up and make me really frustrated at the same time. I find them funny because of how crazy they are, and yet I find them so frustrating because it feels like these are too close to reality.

It makes me think of the church that I serve at called Calvary Chapel Seattle. We are currently looking into a new possible building situation, and it is just so interesting to see responses we get. The point is to find a place in which we can plant ourselves so we can have a long term serving presence in the community, but shockingly and surprizingly most of the comments against have to do with the person directly and what they don't like. Honestly, even as I say that I don't think there are that many that feel strongly against this, but it is clearly part of our "me" culture. I hope all is well with you and that you enjoy these two clips!

3 comments:

Kayce aka lucy said...

truth or fiction?

Unknown said...

Ha, another lucy commenting...

I don't know if you do these sorts of things, but I thought I would tag you... (Ellen B tagged me first) check my blog about favorite places to eat.

I know you are a man of good taste, and therefore, would have some tasty selections.

(YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS!)

Unknown said...

That was Lucy Pauline, by the way...