Monday, April 23, 2007

Why did Jesus Christ die on the cross...

So this last Easter at Calvary Chapel we did our Easter sermon a little different. In stead of having one staff do it we did a type of tag team and broke it up throughout the service. We decided to address the question "why did Jesus Christ die on the cross?" We came up with three answers that I think answer it well. I don't think these are the only answers, but I think it made for an incredible Easter Sunday. I was the last of the three - the closer if you will. All three of our discussions were 10 minutes max. Mine was about 8 minutes.

Here is a link to it if you'd like to listen. I'd love your thoughts...

Question: "Why did Jesus Christ die on the cross?"
Click here to listen to my answer: "For the Glory of God the Father"

BTW - I'd love your feedback too!

For the other two answers where were "as a ransom for many" and "for the joy set before Him" you can follow this link... CCMISCSERMONS

1 comment:

Kayce aka lucy said...

rich--thank you for sharing this. i love your words re: the glory of God. great imagery and truth. (you sound so grown up :-) fondly-k