Sunday, June 18, 2006

My First Father's Day...

As I got up this morning at 4:50am this morning to change my baby girls diaper I was hit once again with the reality that I am officially a Father! In my sleep state of diaper cleaning I was overwhelmed with the wonderful honor and responsibility that this role brings to my life.

This was combined with the fact that my Glady doesn't really like getting her diaper changed so without question she was bawling! I was reminded that sometimes parents have to do things to/for there kids that the kids don't understand let alone enjoy - but they are doing it none-the-less for the good of the child.

What great memories I have of my family, my father, and even my father in law of how to care well for there kids. I have been so blessed with great father's and father figures! And on top of that I have been blessed with a relationship with the Heavenly Father through Jesus Christ. The God of the universe sees me as His child and like me will do anything for there kids best interest.

SO THANKS TO MY FATHERS!! ALL OF YOU BIOLOGICAL, IN LAW, FATHER FIGURES, AND MOST OF ALL HEAVENLY! YOU HAVE MODELED FATHERHOOD SO WELL! I LOOK FORWARD TO LIVING OUT THESE EXAMPLES TO MY LITTLE GIRL!

So back to my diaper story!

After the new diaper was on and Glady was swaddled back up. She just couldn't stop looking at me. Starring intently at me with her beautiful little eyes.

And then she smiled!

That was all I needed!

I love you Glady girl! Thanks for making me the proudest Father in the world!

- Glady's Daddy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that was sweet...happy fathers day glady's daddy. :)

erika said...

rich, that was beautiful! thanks for sharing it

Anonymous said...

Rich,
You are and will be a great DAD.
How was it to get back to work?
Know you missed Jen and Glady today
and they missed you too.
Grandma Jan and Grandpa Phil