Monday, October 31, 2005

Sad and Tragic...

Today I am mourning the unexpected passing of Kyle Lake, author of Understanding God's Will and (re)Understanding Prayer, and pastor of University Baptist Church in Waco, TX [where David Crowder and Chris Seay are from]. He died yesterday morning after a tragic electrocution accident while leading a baptism service. Only 33 years old, he is survived by his wife and three young children.

Although I didn't know Kyle personally, I found him to be an amazing pastor, educator, writer, and learner. He was involved in Emergent and many other progressive ministries. I can't imaging all the emotions that his family, friends, and congregation are going through. Please join me in praying for the Lake family and all effected by this tragic loss...

No comments: