Thursday, July 14, 2005

Fagetaboutit!

Ok so I forgot to do some blogging while in NY. Please forgive me! My trip was incredible. I love New York except for the 94 degrees and 90% humidity. The best thing about NY is time with mi familia di Sclafani. For those of you who didn't know I was out there for my cousin Melissa's wedding. I was one of the two pastors doing the wedding. What a incredible experience to ministry to my family, to share the love of Christ, and God's purposes for marriage with them. I must say east coast marriages are very different then the west coast Seattle weddings I am use to. I think the food for this wedding cost twice as much as my whole wedding budget. Not to mention the fact that there were live pure white doves!

Besides the actual wedding we celebrated the forth of July in New York which was really great and we also spent a few days out on the shore. Which is the next best things to the Hamptons. We were surrounded by multi-million dollar homes, beautiful beaches and board walks, and lots of sunshine.

Jen and I spent lots of time with Grandma Bertha and also got to see my great aunt [who is a nun] Sister Lillian Cornellious Sclafani. They tell the best stories in the world. I even got to see the original papers of my Great Grandparents wedding certificates and my Great Grandpa's papers from when he came here from Sciacca Sicily.

We celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary with an incredible night out on the town including going to a Broadway performance of Fiddler on the Roof which was so awesome!

And the best was being in New York to meet the newest of the Corriston family. Ryan and Amber had a beautiful large baby boy named Toby Patrick Corriston. He is gorgeous and weighs a ton - 9lbs 10oz! OUCH! But they all are doing wonderfully!

Friends, family, weddings, anniversaries, new babies, great stories, big cities, entertaining shows, million dollar homes, and more!

What a trip!

PS: After I figure out how to post pictures I will!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss bertha. i miss the shore. i miss sister lilian. i miss the subway. let's all go sometime! use that camera like crazy in europa! blessings!

Anonymous said...

Cool blog Rich! Let's hang out sometime again. (ok so I may not have read this post just wanted to say hello)

Anonymous said...

It all sound so marvelous. I love family history! I love friends! I love the beach! I love the East Coast! I think I love New York! I know I love the Sclafanis! :)